- Feedback and general contact details
- Undergraduate applications
- Graduate applications
- Press enquiries
- How to find the University
- Computing enquiries and reporting problems
- Detailed list of contacts
- University of Cambridge examinations
- English language courses
- Subjects you can't study here
- Publications from Cambridge University Press
Feedback and general contact details
Please send comments, corrections and/or suggestions to [email protected]. We will do our best to forward more general comments and questions to other parts of the University, but it will be quicker if you contact them direct.
A number of useful contact addresses and phone numbers are listed on this page. If you cannot find the telephone number you require, the phone number of the University switchboard is (01223) 337733.
Information about admissions to graduate courses and research degrees is available online. Email queries about graduate admissions should go either to the college concerned or to [email protected]
Contact details for the media are listed on?the Communications pages.
How to find the University
The Colleges and all parts of the University are spread over a large area of the city and surrounding area. The University has an indexed map, which is available online and can also be purchased on paper from the Press Bookshop, 1 Trinity Street, Cambridge, CB2 1SZ ([email protected]).
Links to the main sites are as follows:
- New Museums Site
- Downing Site
- Silver Street/Mill Lane Site
- Old Addenbrooke's Site
- Sidgwick Site
- Madingley Rise Site
- West Cambridge Site
To report computer security problems originating from within cam.ac.uk see the information http://www.uis.cam.ac.uk/security-reporting. Information about Cambridge Computer Emergency Response Team is at http://www.uis.cam.ac.uk/cert and there is a form for Cambridge users to report incidents.
- The UIS Service Desk: [email protected], phone 01223 (7)62999, or in person at Information Services Reception at the Roger Needham Building (West Cambridge Site) for all questions about services run by UIS. Users of Departmental or College Managed Clusters should usually start by consulting their own local support staff.
- Telephone Help Desk: [email protected]
- CamCors:?[email protected]
- CamSIS: [email protected] (see also http://www.camsis.cam.ac.uk/cam-only/helpdesk/)
- CamTools:?[email protected]
- CHRIS: [email protected]
- CSRS (formerly CamGrad):?[email protected]
- CUFS (University Financial System):?[email protected]
- UAS (the Administrative Computing Network): [email protected]
- Moodle: [email protected]
- Raven access to electronic library services:?[email protected]
- University Card: [email protected]
- University map: [email protected]
- Clinical School Computing Service (CSCS):?[email protected], phone 01223 (3)36261, fax 01223 (3)3183
Detailed contact information & list of contacts
The central address for University business is:
The Old Schools,
Cambridge CB2 1TN
|Central University Switchboard||+44 (0)1223 337733|
Below is a list of some of the most commonly requested telephone numbers in the University. Prefix the number with the STD code 01223 (+44 1223 from outside the UK) unless another code is given. There is also a more detailed list of contacts?in the administrative offices for those that have a more accurate contact requirement.
|Adult Education||(01223) 746222
(Institute of Continuing Education)
(Cambridge Alumni Relations Office)
(Cambridge Admissions Office)
(Board of Graduate Studies)
|Cambridge Enterprise||760339||[email protected]|
|Communications Office, for all media enquiries||332300||[email protected]|
|Network & email security||[email protected]|
|Counselling Service||332865||[email protected]|
|Data Protection/FOI?Office||764142||[email protected]
|Disability Resource Centre||332301||[email protected]|
|Fire Safety Unit||337822||[email protected]|
|Health and Safety Division||333301||[email protected]|
|Job Opportunities||(Human Resources)||[email protected]|
(Temporary Employment Service)
|Old Schools Reception||332200||[email protected]|
|Personal and Professional Development||332343||[email protected]|
|Procurement Services||332233||[email protected]|
|Research Office||333543||[email protected]|
|Security Office||331818||[email protected]|
|Student Registry||766302||[email protected]|
|University Library||333000||[email protected]|
|Vice-Chancellor's Office||332291||[email protected]|
University of Cambridge examinations
- Information about international examinations (O, AS, A level and IGCSE) is available from Cambridge International Examinations - email queries to [email protected].
- Information about English language examinations?(such as CELTA, TKT, ICELT, DELTA) is also available - contact the support helpdesk with queries.
- Information about OCR examinations - email [email protected]
English language courses
The University does not run any general English language courses. The Language Centre of the University of Cambridge does offer English for Academic Purposes Pre-sessional and In-sessional programmes for incoming post-graduate students from abroad. For more information, please visit the Language Centre's website: http://www.langcen.cam.ac.uk/eap/eap.php
Philosophy, Politics and Economics (PPE) is not available as a single course, although the individual subjects are (see http://www.undergraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/courses). There are a number of popular subjects that are not studied in the University at undergraduate level. The most commonly requested are accountancy, business management, nursing, dentistry, theatre studies or drama, pharmacy, physiotherapy, optometry?and midwifery. Please go to the UCAS website to find Universities where you can pursue them.?